The following abbreviations will be used:
- SATB=Mixed four-part choir SSA+Contralto=Four-part women’s choir SSA=Three-part women’s choir SA=Two-part women’s choir MBC=Men and boys choir MSTTBR=Mezzo Soprano, two Tenors, Baritone
- Accompanying instruments: ORG=Organ PNO=Piano TPT=Trumpet TUB=Tubular bells GNG=Gong UNC=Unaccompanied
- Published pieces are shown as RECMUS standing for Recital Music (see Publications).
- The pieces marked with an asterisk are also suitable for a cathedral MBC.
- Texts by living authors/poets are marked by a double asterisk.
|Agnus Dei from Missa Brevis*1||SATB / UNC||Traditional Latin Mass||05:56 Play extract|
|Alleluia Variations 2||SSA / UNC||Singular word "Alleluia"||05:45 Play|
|Amen Variations||SATB / TUB / GNG||Singular word "Amen"||04:00|
|Awake, Awake3||SATB / UNC||Poem by Caroline Hope**||03:30|
|Blow Out, Ye Bugles4|
(The Dead) RECMUS
|SATB / ORG / TPT||Poem by Rupert Brooke||07:00|
|Eyeing Death||SSAC||Poem by Irina Kuzminskaya **||07:00|
|Gloria from Missa Brevis*1||SATB / UNC||Traditional Latin Mass text||05:56 Play extract|
|The Holy City*1||SATB / UNC||Book of Revelation Chaps. 21-22||07:23 Play extract|
|The Hymn of St. Patrick1||SATB / ORG||St. Patrick's Breastplate (Eng. trans.)||05:14 Play extract|
|Kyrie from Missa Brevis*1||SATB / UNC||Traditional Latin Mass text||05:00 Play extract|
|The Lamb 2 5||SSA / PNO||Poem by William Blake||04:29 Play|
|Magnificat I*1||SATB / ORG||New Testament (Luke 1:46-55)||04:55 Play extract|
|Magnificat II||SATB / ORG||New Testament (Luke 1:46-55)||03:00|
|Nirvana2||SSA / UNC||Poem by Mikhail Lermontov (Eng. trans.)||02:45 Play|
|Nunc Dimittis I*1||SATB / ORG||New Testament (Luke 2:29-32)||03:07 Play extract|
|Nunc Dimittis II||SATB / ORG||New Testament (Luke 2:29-32)||02:00|
|O Lord, It Could Be Paradise||SATB / UNC||Poem by Honour Stern||03:15|
|O Magnum Mysterium I 2||SSA / PNO||Latin Christmas motet||03:00 Play|
|O Magnum Mysterium II||SATB / UNC||Latin Christmas motet||04:00|
|Prayer for Peace||SATB / UNC||The Seekers Trust prayer6||04:00|
|Psalm 31 (verses 1-6)*1 7||SATB / ORG||Old Testament psalm||04:41 Play extract|
|Psalm 96||SATB / UNC||Old Testament psalm||03:00|
|Psalm 150||SATB / UNC||Old Testament psalm||03:30|
|Responses I *1||SATB / UNC||Traditional Anglican liturgy||01:31 Play|
|Responses II *1|
(including the Lord's Prayer)
|SATB / UNC||Traditional Anglican liturgy||07:06 Play extract|
|Ring Out, Wild Bells||SATB / UNC||Poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson||06:00|
|Sanctus from Missa Brevis*1||SATB / UNC||Traditional Latin Mass text||04:03 Play extract|
|The Song of Solomon|
(parts 1 & 2)
|MBC / UNC||Old Testament text||11:00|
|Three Medieval Motets|
- Veritas Veritatum
- Nobilis Mei Miserere Precor
- Salve Ver Optatum
|SATB / UNC|
SATB / UNC
SATB / UNC
|Ms of Benedictbeuern||05:00
|Tenebrae Factae Sunt*1||SATB / ORG||Traditional Latin Good Friday text||06:43 Play extract|
|You Are There3||SATB / UNC||Poem by Caroline Hope**||04:30|
- These pieces all appear on the recording The Holy City sung by Cathedra and issued by Gothic Records. See Recordings.
- These pieces were all premiered and recorded by The LaNova Singers directed by Michelle Nova.
- These pieces have a religious flavour and are suitable for church use as graduals or anthems.
- This work, published by Recital Music, was commissioned by the Washington National Cathedral Choir and was premiered at a special service in Washington DC for the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 disaster.
- This piece is an arrangement for SSA of the solo song The Lamb. An SA version for junior choir is also available.
- The Seekers Trust prayer is used in their practice of praying for those in need of healing.
- This piece was commissioned by the Gloucester Cathedral Choir.