The following abbreviations will be used:
- PICC=piccolo FL=flute AFL=alto flute BFL=bass flute OB=oboe CA=cor anglais CL=clarinet BCL=bass clarinet TS=tenor saxophone BSN=bassoon FH=French horn REC=recorder PNO=piano
|The Three Gunas|
(3 movement suite)1
|CL / BCL / TS / FH / BSN||13:45|
Three Portraits Of Krishna2
FL or REC / PNO3
|1. The Fire of Krishna||05:10
|2. The Loves of Krishna||04:36
|3. The Dance Of Krishna||03:56
|Fools for Flute and Percussion4|
|Angel Comforting A Fool5||FL / CA||08:00|
|The Scherzo of Fools5||CL / PNO||08:00|
|Three Pieces for Solo Clarinet6||CL||09:00|
|The Wounded Angel5||PICC / 2FL / AFL / BFL||12:05 Play|
- This piece is for a woodwind trio in which one musician plays the clarinet, bass clarinet and tenor sax, using one of these instruments for each movement. The movements have Sanskrit titles referring to different types of energy: 1. Tamas 2. Rajas 3. Sattva
- Each movement is given over to one Indian raga scale.
- These three movements can be played either by the flute or recorder. The drone effect, which is optional, is played on the strings of the piano using soft mallets.
- For the information about this piece, see Music for Percussion.
- These pieces are inspired by and named after a painting or drawing by the British artist Cecil Collins (1908-1990).
- The individual movements, each about 3 minutes long, are entitled 1. Lightheartedness 2. Simplicity 3. Freedom