NOTE: All the piano works have been improvised in concert by the composer from premeditated thematic sketches or, in the case of the Raga Mala Suites, based on modal scales used in classical Indian music. The Way of the Spiritual Warrior for electronic piano was realized in a studio setting and not in concert. Therefore no official scores exist for them.
|Piano Music||Names of Movements||Recorded Duration|
|Raga Mala Suite No. 1||1. Melancholy||08:16 Play extract|
|2. Vigour||05:33 Play extract|
|3. Supplication||07:00 Play extract|
|4. Revelry||05:36 Play|
|Raga Mala Suite No. 2||1. Anxiety||07:07 Play extract|
|2. Gentleness||06:37 Play extract|
|3. Joy||06:39 Play extract|
|4. Prayer||10:39 Play|
|The Four Temperaments||1. Melancholic||07:01 Play extract|
|2. Choleric||07:10 Play extract|
|3. Phlegmatic||08:13 Play extract|
|4. Sanguine||06:50 Play|
|The Three Gunas||1. Tamas||09:16 Play extract|
|2. Rajas||07:23 Play extract|
|3. Sattva||11:59 Play|
|The Celestial Hierarchy1||Extended single movement||51:04 Play extract (10 mins)|
|The Way of the Spiritual Warrior2||Extended six part work||58:55 Play parts 1-3 (28:32)|
|The Elements3||1. Earth||12:22 Play|
|2. Water||13:14 Play|
|3. Fire||10:24 Play|
|4. Air||10:09 Play|
|5. Ether||27:22 Play|
- Based on the nine orders of celestial angels as given in the writings of Dionysius the Aeropagite.
- It is for electronic piano using the piano, harpsichord and vibraphone sounds. There are six sections played without a break.
- The 5th movement of the work Ether is played on a synthesizer not the piano to give an ethereal quality.
|Synthesizer Music||Names of Movements||Recorded Duration|
|The Great Happiness Suite1||1. The Great Happiness||14:30 Play extract
|2. The Angel of the Flowing Light||14:27 Play|
|3. The Voice||15:06 Play extract
|4. Angels Dancing with the Sun and Moon||13:13 Play extract
|5. The Music of Dawn||15:12 Play extract
- As with the piano music this five movement suite was improvised from the composer’s thematic sketches and realized in real time using a Yamaha TX802 tone generator linked to a keyboard. Each movement lasts between 13 to 15 minutes. All the movements were inspired by paintings of the British artist Cecil Collins (1908-1990).
|Organ Music||Recorded Duration|
|Fanfare Fantasia1||07:29 Play|
|Fantasia on a Theme of Hindemith2||11:13 Play extract|
- It was commissioned by Adrian Partington who recorded it in concert on the Gloucester Cathedral organ.
- It appears in The Holy City recording played by Scott Dettra on the organ of the Washington National Cathedral.